Home Forums General Discussion Latches

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      marley
      Participant

Hi all,

has anyone renewed broken latches (Interior) if so where can they be bought?

Barry & Maggie

Do you mean those round black ones that hold the bed base door and luggage compartment lids shut?

marley
          Participant

Hi,

yes there are  (5) bed storage door, underfloor storage (rear), small sliding draw inside door.

Pete

Barry & Maggie

Replacements are available from a third party supplier in the UK, Marley – you don’t need to go through Hymer (and add their markup!).

There are two types – the weaker, black plastic standard type and a much, much stronger solid stainless steel type (which are horrendously expensive!).  I replaced the bed board pair with the stainless ones and it’s totally cured the flap opening in the middle of the night!

The code number of this strong metal product by “Southco”, is M1-64 8, and was available from QEF Ltd, Tel 01384.276200, although I’m having trouble finding their website.  They also do the black plastic ones but I don’t have those details – look on their website if you can.  https://tinyurl.com/y74qhxra

The Little Exsis Book has all these details, Item 32, page 385.

Please let us know how you get on, Marley?

Good luck!

Barry

marley
              Participant

Hi again,

thanks  Barry, i will contact them by phone, and hopefully replace the damaged ones before my Greek trip

Gone me Pete

PeterH
                Participant

Hi

Speaking of latches does anyone know where I can buy an additional handle/latch to match those on the 2 kitchen drawers and 6 on the curved cupboard doors between the kitchen and washroom?  I’ve made the washroom door outward folding and a handle to match the others would be ideal.  Are they unique to the Exsis SG/SK or do other models have them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

PeterH

Barry & Maggie

Most British motorhome manufacturers use a generic wholesaler (  http://www.w4limited.com ) for their home-market vehicles, but I don’t really know if the Germans (Hymer) do the same.  I can’t imagine that they make their own latches…??   Our wardrobe latch looks very much like some that are offered by W4, so maybe search through their website (above) to find what you’re looking for?

Can anyone assist Peter with this, please?

Failing finding a (cheaper) alternative spares supplier, contact one of the Hymer Spares people on our “Manuals, Spares, Links” pages, but I’m afraid you’ll probably pay top dollar, even if they still stock the spares.

Good luck with this, Peter, and if you discover a source, let us know and I’ll update our list.

Barry

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.