Home Forums General Discussion Heidi Hymer for sale

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Mikelaine
      Participant

Hi All. We have been members for about 18 months but never contributed to the discussions but have benefited from the knowledge of others. However, we thank you all (especially Barry & Maggie) for all the useful information included for the benefit of all us Exsis owners. Sadly it looks like we have to sell our Heidi. We are not sure whether she is an SG or SK but she has 4 seat belts and therefore can safely carry 3 passengers plus driver.  She was first registered on 19 Jan 2005, has just completed 60,000 miles and lives in Scarborough. If anyone is interested we can provide further details and photographs. Regards Mike and Elaine

mcubbin
        Participant

I would be interested in further details, photographs, service history, price?

Regards Brian

willy9b
          Participant

Hi, I’m very interested. Please would you send me pictures, service history, asking price and any other relevant info? If you want to discuss it, you can contact me on 01924 457195 (Batley, W. Yorkshire)

Many thanks,

Paul

Mikelaine
            Participant

Hi Brian and Paul. Thank you for your interest. Could you please send me your email addresses to mikedburrows52@gmail.com so I can send you more details and photographs. Thank you.

Mike and Elaine

Fred & Gill
              Participant

<b>Exsis For Sale (2)</b>

Please use the above thread that Barry had set up for this purpose- it makes it consistent  and easier for historical reference by keeping it in one place/thread

Pleased to see so much interest in the advert though.

Barry is far too polite to point this out

Fred

Barry & Maggie

Thanks Fred.  Yes, it does make it far easier to find Exsis’ “For Sale” and “Wanted” in the weeks/months/years to come, rather than search through myriad postings on the Forum.

It would be nice, also, to see the details, extras offered, mileage and price asked – this is all good to refer to in the coming years.

Meanwhile, I’m exploring some other possibilities to regularise this.

Thanks, folks.

Barry

SayJEStoAdventure
                  Participant

Bonjour,

In case anyone has information, we are looking to buy an Exsis in France for under €24k.  Does anyone have experience with camping in France and how did the vehicle perform in the mountains?

Merci,
                    Jessica

Barry & Maggie

Bonjour Jessica,

Please could you use the “Exsis For Sale/Wanted” thread to post this, please?  Thanks.

I’m not aware of any members in France currently selling their Exsis, but your message is here – see what happens.

Be aware that many of our UK Exsis’ are left-hand-drive (some, like my own, were UK supplied LHD while others have been imported), so if that is important to you, you could find a suitable one here in the UK.

I’ve been camping in France virtually all my life, and certainly since 1950!  I’ve toured all over, Alps and Pyrenees, Massif Centrale too, so I know about “mountain passes”.  The Exsis, being a ‘small’ motorhome, benefits greatly when larger engines are fitted.  Traditionally, motorhomes were built with ‘economics’ in mind and thus, the smallest, cheapest engines were fitted.  This is thankfully NOT the case with the Exsis…  Three engine options were offered – 2.0 litre, 2.3 litre, and 2.8 litre.  I’m not aware of any of our members who have the 2.0 litre option, so all the ones I know of will be 2.3 litre or 2.8 litre, both turbo-diesel.  The 2.3 litre is more than adequate for the Exsis, built as it is on the medium wheelbase chassis.  The 2.8 litre is a delight, with oodles of power and is more car-like, perhaps better for your mountain roads, though, as I say, the 2.3 litre is more than adequate.  The Exsis is  after all, a  very small motorhome – check the body width and compare to other coachbuilt motorhomes!  Then you’ll see how eminently suitable the Exsis is for narrow mountain roads!

Good luck in your search.  Importing an Exsis into France is very straightforward, too, so don’t be daunted if you’d like to purchase an Exsis in the UK/Ireland.

Good luck.

Barry

SayJEStoAdventure
                      Participant

Hello Barry,

Thank you so much for your reply and input, it is very helpful and encouraging!

Cheers,
                        Jessica

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.