Home Forums General Discussion Freezer door gasket

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Bill and Pam
      Participant

Hi folks

The gasket on the Thetford N100 freezer door has become brittle with age and is failing.

I am told that we may have to purchase a new door at around £60, and hope it’s not true! It would be a simple job if I could find some suitable gasket material. Anyone have any ideas?

Bill & Pam

Barry & Maggie

First stop should be O’Leary’s Caravan Parts (new & secondhand)…

https://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/contact-us-2-w.asp

Rather than a new door, they might be able to supply just the seal.

Barry

Fred & Gill
          Participant

Love to be able to help/advise Bill, but as you have found out this is a new one for us on this Forum.

I expect that you have trawled all the usual spares sites and not found specifically what you searched for – I just had a try. Think you found a good deal for a door.

Sites that come to mind are Leisureshop Direct/Jacksons/Johns Cross/ Caravan accessories …….

Other option is Seals Direct but not specific to fridges. I did come across a commercial site that stocked many types of profile and even made seals to order, but didn’t list Thetford ( fridgesealsdirect.co.uk)

Is the seal any different to normal domestic???? but I notice that they are quite pricey.

A further option is to ask on a larger more general motorhome forum such as outandaboutlive.

If you are not already joined to that then let me know and I can ask for you, but didn’t want to ask before checking with you.

At least its only a niggly problem, Bill

Fred

Bill and Pam
            Participant

Thanks Barry & Fred for the information.

I may have to submit to a new freezer door in the end!  Yes Fred, it is one of those Exsis niggles which crop up from time to time.

Bill

Tresjolie
              Participant

Replaced the shelves and freezer door. From leisureshopdirect

Bill and Pam
                Participant

Hi folks

I decided that I was not going to pay £72 for a new freezer door especially when I hardly use the freezer and it is only the seal that needs replacing.

Sourced a genuine freezer compartment door seal Ref 25-05099-31747 from E Bay for £7.31 which was slightly over size, which allowed me to cut it with a stanley knife whilst retaining all corners. I used Loctite All Plastic Activator and Super Glue . Left fridge on gas overnight and seems to have stayed in position. Thought it was worth the gamble. Quite a simple job really.

Bill

Barry & Maggie

Thanks Bill, for that update and excellent instructions re. modifying the seal.  This is just the sort of advice that will be needed in the years to come, as “soft” parts like these door seals start to wear.

Barry

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.