Home Forums General Discussion Ducato Type 230 or 244?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      TonyFlisch
      Participant

Does anyone know which Type the base vehicle is?

Ta

Tony

Barry & Maggie

I don’t now know, Tony.  I think I did once – I can remember pursuing this, probably in the heady days of new ownership, but I’ve forgotten now.

There are several base vehicle versions of our Exsis.  There’s 2.0 litre (LHD & RHD), the 2.3 litre (LHD & RHD), the 2.8 litre (LHD & RHD), and the 2.8 litre ‘Automatic’ (LHD only).  That’s seven different ones – I think that’s all of them (ignore Hymer’s internal layouts – something quite separate).

Let us know if you find out, but I’m sure someone on here has this info at their fingertips.

Barry

Fred & Gill
          Participant

Hello Tony

The X 230 ran from  1995 -2002

the The X244 base vehicle ran from the facelift in late  2002 – until early / mid 2006 when it was superseded by the dodgey X250, which was the base vehicle for new 2007 season motorhomes. That is when Hymer decided that sales/ production costs/ profits made it uneconomical to re- tool for the very different new base vehicle dimensions.

The Exsis was only built on the X244 – mine left the Hymer factory March 2006

Fred

TonyFlisch
            Participant

Thanks Fred – that’s really helpful

regards

Tony

Barry & Maggie

Great reply, Fred.  Thanks.

Barry

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.