Home Forums General Discussion Any ideas?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      cvclaydon
      Keymaster

Charlie, Helga’s previous owner sent me the pic below of a couple of metal bits he thinks came from Helga. His initial thought is they are from the oven, anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Barry & Maggie

I don’t have an oven, but they are not like anything Exsis-related that I’ve seen before.  Sorry.

Barry

Fred & Gill
          Participant

Well if they are from the oven, I can only think from the rotisserie.

Never used ours, so the bits are stashed away somewhere in the van.

We are heading off again tomorrow anticipating an improvement in the weather…. so whilst camped up we will try to locate our pieces.

Just an added thought to consider – do they look something like a retaining stay of some sort from an auxiliary bit of kit such as the dehumidifier that Charlie used?

Dont recognise the parts as Exsis or Fiat.

From what I have seen on your modifications to date, you are certainly the man to solve the mystery if they are associated with the van!

Fred

Barry & Maggie

I think you’re probably right, Fred.   My first inclination was to suggest “support for rotisserie rods” or something like that, but as I don’t have an oven in my Exsis, I kept my big mouth shut!

Barry

cvclaydon
              Keymaster

Thanks for al the suggestions, we do have a rotisserie, but have never used it, always get the BBQ out!

Just finished fitting air suspension, won’t go into detail as its covered in depth on other sites to fit onto a ducato chases, but on a short test run Helga definitely rolls less on bends and roundabouts. At its operating pressure of 40psi, I get an extra 2″ of height on the back wheels. 

Also I have just installed lithium ion batteries in place of the lead acid leisure batteries. While expensive, the weight savings (gone from 46kg to less than 16kg) and the discharge rates should prove beneficial. We are off to Carfest this weekend for 4 nights of grid so they will get a god try out then with toaster going to feed 12 of us for breakfast! Will post comes pics on our return and report on how they performed.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by cvclaydon.
                Barry & Maggie

Those lithium batteries sound good!

Beware of pumping up your suspension if driving on French autoroutes… We are right on the 3m height limit to pay a much higher commercial rate.  Now Exsis’ are that much older, with worn suspension plus maybe a tankful of water, full up with gas, fuel, etc, we seem to consistently  come in just below 3m!  But pump your suspension up and you could be asked to pay more!

Whilst on the subject, and I’ve mentioned this before, but this is for the benefit of those who are unaware.  The Autoroute height rules do NOT include additions to the roof,  like aerials or satellite dishes – attachments like that are exempt.  So a fitted satellite dish, that would appear to put you over the height limit, can NOT be included when calculating height – those are the clearly-stated rules on their Autoroute website.  Maggie (who is French) had a delicious argument with a controller, over the barrier ‘phone, about this – the only time we’ve ever had a dispute, as they normally just revert to the lower charge when they see on camera “une petite camping-car”.

Barry

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.