Home Forums General Discussion 12 volt plugs (Old site)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Barry & Maggie

Barry & Maggie
        Administrator
        (Posted on behalf of Marley, who is having site problems) Hi, sorry to bother you, but cannot get on to forum site dam gespacho, wondering which type of 12 volt 2 pin plug does everyone use ? Gone me Pete

Barry & Maggie

July 31, 2018 at 7:00 AM
        Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Barry & Maggie
        Administrator
        Im sorry about your (and everyone else’s) continuing problems with this site – more about this in a forthcoming email shot I’m preparing. There are potentially two types of 12v plugs that can be used in the Exsis – the more common “cigarette lighter socket” plug – here

https://goo.gl/images/BU4GJK

– which is on the dashboard, and the more positive and reliable DIN-plug – here

https://goo.gl/images/W6YxCH

The problem with “cigarette lighter” plugs is that, despite their convenience, they can vibrate loose and consequently overheat. They are not reliable, but having said that, I have converted one of my fitted sockets to “cigarette” and also use an extension with “cigarette sockets” that has a DIN-plug on the end. I can therefore use all my cigarette-type chargers, USB plugs, etc., in the dash sockets OR at the back, but fitted items like our TV, have the more reliable DIN-plugs fitted. The sockets fitted to the habitation part of our Exsis’ are these, C-line products – https://tinyurl.com/ybzyv6sk You can see that both types of sockets are available and interchangeable with the items we all have fitted. Its a great system – versatile and attractive. So you can choose which system you prefer and tailor the Exsis to your preferences.

Barry & Maggie

July 31, 2018 at 7:34 AM

Marley

Hi, thanks for info, i have fitted a wifi system to the van, and wanted to plug it in to the socket inside the cupbourd above the fridge the flip top 2 pin socket,  or its back to the dash cig lighter socket which is not what i wanted its a plug to fit the fliptop socket?

I have also fitted a 100w solar panel solid type with a wind defector, pictures to follow if anyone needs a wind deflector template i have one they can have.

Gone me Pete

Barry & Maggie
        Administrator
        I think you’ll find that is a standard 12v DIN socket – you’ll need the DIN plug. It’s easy to test… If a cigarette lighter plug won’t fit, then it’s a DIN! Because a previous owner may have swapped sockets, just be careful.

Barry & Maggie

July 31, 2018 at 5:38 PM

Tom & Carol Mulcahy
        I made up a lead DIN plug to cigarette lighter socket. I can’t load the image so putting it in Little Exsis Book

August 6, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.