Home Forums General Discussion Welding and the electrics

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred
      Participant

Hi all , I am about to have welding done on my chassis . what precautions does there need to be taken as regards the alarm if the battery is disconnected and the Electroblock unit.

thank you all stay safe Fred

Barry & Maggie

I don’t know with your system, Fred, but I’m guessing the alarm is on the VEHICLE circuit, the normal installation, and not the habitation (Electroblok) circuit.  Alarms are normally chosen and fitted by the first owner, and can be of many different types so it’s not always clear how it’s been installed.  It’s easy to test which battery circuit though, in order to be certain – disconnect the vehicle battery and if the alarm still works,  it’s off the habitation (unless the alarm has it’s own ‘back-up’ battery?  In which case test with a voltmeter) or ask a local friendly alarm installer.

Barry

Fred
          Participant

Many thanks once again Barry for your kind help and advice.

kind regards stay safe Fred

nozzi
            Participant

Hi Fred

I would probably disconnect both batteries before doing any welding.

Before disconnecting, the Schaudt Elektrobok should be switched off.

there is an on/off switch on top of the Blok.  I think it is marked aus/ ein , or something similar.

Failure to do this risks damage to the Schaudt unit.

Hope this helps.

Nozzi

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.