Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Al
      Participant

Hi everyone

we would like to fit a tow bar to our van to pull a light trailer and motorcycle.

Can anyone recommend a place to get the tow bar fitted?

We live on the south coast.

Thanks

Alistair

Barry & Maggie

Hi Alistair,

I had my bespoke one fitted by Watling in Hertfordshire…  https://tinyurl.com/y8km4tdy

I wanted a particular feature (a removable drawbar) and the socket to be mounted out of sight, which means that the towbar is almost invisible.  Mine is to tow my motorcycle too.  Watling did a wonderful, very professional job, completed the same day while we wandered round Watford.

This is the second bespoke towbar I’ve had made by them and I’ve been delighted both times, so I feel I can highly recommend them.

Barry

katymcgbysea
          Participant

Thank you, Barry, that’s super helpful. We know you have very high standards, so feel confident in your recommendation.

Hope you are well.

Barry & Maggie

Thanks, Alistair – I’m extremely well after my fantastic hip op!

The tow bar I designed to have a long, removable/adjustable draw bar that the tow hitch is fitted to.  This means that I can tow with the Easy-Lifter HydraTrail either close up to the bumper or with sufficient room to open the boot.

The electrics connector is tucked up, out of sight but easily “get-at-able”.  The towbar (with drawbar removed – 90% of the time) is virtually invisible from the rear of the Exsis.

You can just see the silver locking pin that allows the drawbar to be in different positions or removed altogether.  It’s a very versatile device.

Barry

Hector
              Participant

Hi Al, I just saw your post and wanted to let you know that we had a towbar fitted by Watling at the end of 2018, they did a great job and we are now carrying a 125cc motorbike on a rack underneath our bicycle carrier, please look up my post earlier today for more details. I don’t know if you have fitted a towbar yet, but if it helps I can send you photos of the underside of our van so that you can see how Watling fitted it. Best wishes Ted and Ali.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.