Home Forums Modifications & Enhancements Tidy Tool Holder…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Barry & Maggie

I don’t know about you but “tools” when I’m touring are important to me.  I’m not a mechanic but I will have a go at repairing most glaringly-obvious problems while we’re away.

Tools – Packing and unpacking them, then packing them again is a bit of a chore,  particularly if it’s an ongoing problem, as happened to me recently, on our way to Ireland.  My “tool roll” (a fancy name for my tools rolled up in an old tea-towel!) was continually in use as I struggled with the intercooler pipe constantly blowing off and needing to be reattached, until I could get a garage to put a bead of weld round a tube.

So… the tool roll…  I guess that “tool kits” of all our members consist of anything from an old Weetabix box  containing a reel of insulating tape, two broken screwdrivers, granddad’s old pliers, a “piece of wire” that once “did something” and a plastic piece that fell off something… right through to a fitted case of sockets, spanners, screwdrivers!

Keeping things tidy and all in their place is important when living in a small motorhome and this little idea caught my eye as applicable to many objects we carry, not just tools.

https://tinyurl.com/y7zozrk9

Ok, it’s American and for motorcycles but could easily be fitted in the Exsis – in the boot, gas locker, under the bonnet, kitchen or wardrobe, in fact anywhere convenient.

It just needs “translation” into B&Q language…

Best wishes.

Barry

Tresjolie
        Participant

Hi Barry

Seems ages since I logged in.

I have been looking at a tube like this to store fishing rods in the void under the rear locker. It needs to be 5inch diameter and 6ft 6inch long.

We had the most wonderful holiday in France last year. 6 glorious weeks. Not done much this year just a couple of trips to Keswick in the Lake district and going again on Thursday.

I’ll have to get the book up to date.

Happy new year

Tom and Carol

Barry & Maggie

And a VERY happy New Year to you both too, Tom.  It’s good to hear from you.

Yes, I often see tradesmen with this sort of thing attached to roof racks on vans to carry “long stuff”, so a fishing rod carrier would be entirely appropriate.

Best wishes.

Barry

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.