Home Forums Travel & Cooking Hints & Tips Slow cooking (from old site)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Barry & Maggie

Barry & Maggie
        Administrator
        I spotted this on an American RV site I subscribe to, and although it’s American, it is still appropriate for us here in Europe.

Slow cookers are good in motorhomes for a variety of reasons, especially when you’re parked on site and out for the day or even just a few hours.

Anyway, have a look and see if anything ‘tickles your tastebuds’…

http://tinyurl.com/y73dbe43

Barry & Maggie

February 26, 2018 at 1:49 PM
        Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Fred & Gill
        We were away on Exmoor this weekend, walking – bright skies but bitter wind. Saw 6 red deer (4 does and two young).

Didn’t want to steam up the van with cooking at night, so a 1/4 mile walk to the pub for a steak , with a roaring log fire in the background was a delight.

Fred

Ruby

February 27, 2018 at 4:42 PM

Barry & Maggie
        Administrator
        Wow!  That sounds great, Fred.

Exsisactly what the Exsis is made for…  !

We’re up on Dartmoor this weekend (if the snow lets up) – there’s a motorcycle Trial at Hound Tor.  But this snow has hit us particularly badly here (I’ve NEVER seen snow like this in Torbay before) so the Trial may be cancelled.

Soup and a hot roll at home instead.

Barry & Maggie

March 1, 2018 at 1:14 PM

Barry & Maggie
        Administrator
        While I’m about it, I’d forgotten the Post by Dave  regarding the excellent slow cooker that uses no more fuel…

http://tinyurl.com/y82b7amr

It’s worth considering because this type of slow cooker could be used even while you’re travelling from A to B, not just when you’re on site and out for the day.

My apologies that I’d forgotten that post when I posted this new Slow Cooker one.

Barry & Maggie

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.