Home Forums General Discussion Sink Tap Leaking

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Vantopia
      Participant

Hello fellow Exsis owners

I’ve had mine since May 2020, having looked for many years!

My wife and I have really enjoyed our 25 nights and many trips made it her. She’s a 05 plated LHD, white 2.8 JTD SK.

I’ve done a few upgrades sogfan, canoe hatch in wardrobe to turn on gas from inside, Thule habitation lock and cab door jams. Currently working on installing a solar panel system.

However, I’ve not been able to fix a leaking (dripping) kitchen sink tap. It appears to be coming from the holes that accommodate the double pin of hat secures the two pipes in the tap base, accessed from inside the cabinet. Boy it’s tricky work under there. If anyone has addressed this issue or got advice I’d love to hear it.

Simon

Tresjolie
        Participant

Hi Vantopia

Searc The Little Exsis Book for ‘kitchen’ there are a few discussions describing this problem

Tom

Tresjolie
          Participant

Hi Simon

Searcnh The Little Exsis Book for ‘kitchen’ there are a few discussions describing this problem

Tom

Fred & Gill
            Participant

Hello Vantopia, the taps on the SK (yours) are different to the SG (mine) – I forget the detail as it was a few years ago and I am a few years older and seem to forget detail!!

I had to replace the microswitch on my kitchen tap and I think the two pipes push in (fully to engage seal) and are held in place by a pin as you describe…..the bathroom fits the same. these pipes can be dislodged if water freezes in the tap sufficient to push pass the pin.

Yes its tight and tricky, think you need to remove shelves in cupboard & remove back panel. If I remember  undo lock nut underneath and push tap up through hole to access base of tap, remove pin and push pipes fully into place.

Memory can be a dodgy thing, but hope this helps if your fitting is the same.

If the problem is elsewhere on the tap, I expect a replacement tap will be easy to source.

Fred

Vantopia
              Participant

Thanks for swift reply Tom

I have looked at the LEB ‘kitchen’ search and it’s lead me to look to change o rings – which is what I was planning to do next if nothing new came up from this enquiry. I will let you know the result.

Simon

Vantopia
                Participant

Thanks for your input Fred

I’ve worked out how to take the two push pipes in and out, having done it a few times now! A bit of tape to hold a hovering double pin ready to be pushed in once pipes are in location being the key.

I will change the o rings next – And let you know.

Simon

Vantopia
                  Participant

Changed o rings a couple of times but not fixed – had to commit the top of the cupboard to drip capture on our recent 1300 mile tour of the UK last month. Now I feel I need to change the tap (would always prefer to mend rather than replace) has anyone done this or have advice?

thanks

Simon

Dave & Sharon
                    Participant

Hi Simon
                      Yes, i replaced ours some years ago. I removed the sink, which definitely helped with access, and was easy to do.

Iirc the white plastic threaded housing had a fine crack in ours. Not upset, as the replacement was much nicer.

I remember posting a how to, years ago… it may be in the little exsis book.

Good luck.

Fred & Gill
                      Participant

Ha Ha Dave, I remember that photo with your head sticking out of the top and somehow you in the under cupboard.

Fred

Vantopia
                        Participant

Thanks for the input Dave & Sharon

I read your piece and will refer to it when I replace shower tap – on my list of things to do.

Simon

Vantopia
                          Participant

Ahhh … I searched on Sharon and not Dave as I thought it would show up less results so missed the kitchen sink feature… excellent hiding skills on show there.

I have now committed to buying a new tap for the kitchen ( and maybe one for the bathroom) as I can’t see where it’s leaking from but suspect a crack in the base of the tap.

There are a couple of wires going into the tap are these easy to replace?

simon

Dave & Sharon
                            Participant

Your new tap will have the wires moulded in. Just follow wiring back from existing tap and disconnect, or or snip off the wires and reconnect using chock blocks… easy. The wires are connected to the water pump… a micro switch in the tap tells the pump to operate.

Vantopia
                              Participant

Thanks again Dave & Sharon

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.