Home Forums General Discussion New Exsis

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      alan
      Participant

At last someone has finally decided to make a new Exsis:

Nice but not quite as good!

Barry & Maggie

Thanks, Alan.  Yes, these Wingamms (several different but still similar models) have always been near contenders.  Near, but not quite!

One good thing is that they’ve been available on different chassis’.  The one that appealed to me was on the VW Synchro 4×4 base vehicle.

Barry

Fred & Gill
          Participant

As Barry has replied above, we do know of this very well built vehicle range, have you looked at the ‘City Suite’ also. For the benefit of our newer members, there is a major problem though, they are eyewateringly expensive – if I remember prices are quoted excluding VAT ? and then you also have to add on all the extras that often come in ‘packs’ on many other manufactures. The lovely fibreglass bodywork also imposes a weight / payload disadvantage.

Have you noticed over the years how our roads have become narrower? The number of parked cars reducing two way traffic flow and the hedgerows that are not cut back, especially off the beaten track where we are often found.

Therefore the Exsis also wins here, because the Wingaams at 2.25m wide although narrower  than fuller bodied 2.30/2.35 mainstream vans is still wider that the slimline Exsis.

It takes a lot to beat the Exsis, which is why so many are in long term ownership still.

Fred

alan
            Participant

Good point Fred, I hadn’t noticed the width but I did see the price – from €67,000!!!

Alan

Barry & Maggie

From E67,000??

Blimey!  You could buy THREE Exsis’ for that!!

katymcgbysea
                Participant

One about the same age as our Exsis pulled into a campsite we were staying at once. It was so funny… they sort of looked at each other like long, lost relatives!  Its owners were as curious about our van as we were about theirs!

Anonymous

there are more look i like .take a look on facebook .Hymer exsis sk/sg

Anonymous
                      Anonymous

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.