Home Forums General Discussion insurance for exsis sk

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred
      Participant

Hi all , insurance is due so is a change I think ? Not been on the road  or anywhere , the same for all of us I presume ? and it has increased  Any recommendations ?

stay safe Fred

Barry & Maggie

I think this is very personal, Fred – what company suits one may not suit another.  Price can vary so much too.  I’ve been happy enough with my insurers “Safeguard” and they’ve dealt with two minor accidents very efficiently and without demur (one was in France and hotly contested by me –  they fought my corner and we won the argument!).

That’s not to say that their terms and pricing will suit you.  Here’s their website…  https://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/motorhome-insurance/

Good luck.

Barry

Fred
          Participant

Thank you for your help Barry I will chase that up it is a start anyway in a minefield.

Best regards stay safe Fred

nozzi
            Participant

I have been with Safeguard, Caravan club and the camping and caravan club. Pricewise they’ve been much the same for comparable cover;  but as Barry says, you only know how good they are if you make a claim. Safeguard used to include euro recovery. The clubs offer it as an add on.

I’ve put ours on SORN and will tax it when we are ready to venture out again. That saves us £20 per month.  They are expensive ornaments when they are parked up.

Nozzi

Fred
              Participant

I have done the same Nozzi  trouble is with it being square wheeled you tend to fiddle and find faults you wish you hadn’t and jobs you don’t want to do. Thanks for the info much obliged.

stay safe Fred

Tresjolie
                Participant

Safeguard with breakdown cover. We used to be with Camping and Caravanning Club and RAC but the RAC breakdown cover is very limited in time and number of recoveries

Fred
                  Participant

Hi Tresjolie , thank you for your post . Did do a Quote with Caravan and Camping !!!!!  £1 , 345 . .  Yes the comer  is in the right place ?? Must be my age or I filled the information in wrong nearly fell off my chair.

thank you anyway Fred

Tresjolie
                    Participant

Hi Fred

Wow. We are members of the club so got a discount but it wasn’t that expensive.

Good luck

Tom

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.