Home Forums Modifications & Enhancements Insulated covers for windscreen…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Barry & Maggie

A recent enquiry from a member (who was trying to join the old site) has led me to resurrect this info, from SilverScreens and Taylormade…

SILVERSCREENS….

The price for the early Hymer Exsis is £299 fully inclusive of next day delivery (Mon – Thurs am orders, Friday am orders will be dispatched the following Monday).
        This is a special order screen cover and needs 48 hours to manufacture before dispatch.
        All our products carry a 14 day ‘take it and try it’ period where you can make sure you have made the right purchase.Please give us a call on 01274 872151 if you would like any other info or to order.

Regards
        Sales@Silverscreens
        https://www.facebook.com/ originalsilverscreens
        https://www.youtube.com/ channel/UCJrk_cLsBhViHJOe7id_ 6FQ

TAYLORMADE….

we don’t have our original pattern for the Exsis anymore due to a fire last march. We will be at Peterborough show where I was hoping to be able to make some more patterns. Weve already replaced most of the other Hymer models for the Fiats and in the Mercs just the 2000-2006 and the 2011-2013. The cost would be £230.00 plus the delivery. Which I would have to check with Hermes as to what it was.

Hope this helps
        Regards Carolyn

info@taylormade-covers.co.uk

Barry & Maggie

And this is what prompted my response (above)…

Barry & Maggie

Administrator
          Mike & Elaine are trying to join us. Meanwhile they’ve asked for help with their new Exsis… “We took ownership of our Exsis on 2 September. On reading the section on windscreen condensation we would ask members if they use internal or external thermal blinds? If so what do they recommend and where can they be purchased. We intend to use our Exsis throughout the winter so want to do all we can to keep heat inside. Kind regards Mike and Elaine”

Barry & Maggie

September 14, 2018 at 3:03 PM
          Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Barry & Maggie

Administrator
          Although I’ve answered them directly from my own experiences (I have an external blind) it would be good to hear experiences from those with internal blinds. I answered “External insulating blinds, whilst the least convenient, are the very best at insulation – from heat as well as cold. If you wildcamp you shouldn’t use external blinds – if an emergency occurs, you wouldn’t be able to drive off without first exiting the vehicle. External blinds get wet! You therefore need to have somewhere out-of-the-way to store them (the boot is ideal). Internal insulating blinds don’t insulate nearly as well, and condensation can still occur on the windscreen between the glass and the blind, as the uncovered glass gets very cold. Internal blinds can be difficult for us to fit because of the reach from the dash to the screen.”

Barry & Maggie

September 14, 2018 at 3:11 PM
          Edit Delete Flag Quote & Reply

Barry & Maggie

Administrator
          Several adverts in the motorhome press. Silver Screens and Taylormade were the two main manufacturers if they are still in business, but there are also continental-made (German?) on the market that I have seen advertised.

Barry & Maggie

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.