Home Forums General Discussion Heater Box

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Caroline and Dave
      Participant

Hello all

Hope we’re all keeping well.

Our aircon has a leak dripping into the passenger footwell. We’ve had the aircon pump and drier replaced and the leak is still there. Apparently, we’re reliably (and repeatedly) informed that the heater box needs to be replaced. But annoyingly, Fiat say the part is obsolete and we’re told there is no compatible part.

Any suggestions very gratefully received.

Dave and Caroline

Barry & Maggie

Maybe this is “condensate”, and not a leak at all?  Ok, “a leak” in so far as the condensate is not being directed to the outside as it should be.

Have you located the actual source of the leak – a component, a joint, a pipe, etc.?

Barry

Caroline and Dave
          Participant

Thanks for your reply Barry, it has been diagnosed as being a problem with the heater box. Someone tried re-sealing the heater box but that was only effective for a short while. The replacement of the air conditioning pump and drier has helped in that it no longer squeals when we put the air con on and maybe it has reduced the dripping but I don’t think it will be solved unless we can replace this part. There are other problems with the heater box as well. Do you have any idea of who could help us track one down?

Barry & Maggie

I’m sorry to hear that, folks.  I’m not familiar with the “heater box” and how it interacts with the aircon (I thought they were two separate things?).

These people might be able to offer better suggestions…

https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/

…as it’s definitely a Fiat Ducato problem.  But maybe do a trawl of air-conditioning installers/repairs?

An infuriating and probably easily sortable problem, if you could only get to the bottom of what’s actually happening.

Good luck.

Barry

Caroline and Dave
              Participant

Yes. It certainly is infuriating! We’re not familiar with it either, we can only go on what people tell us. We’ll give the fiat forum a try. Thanks very much for your help.

Caroline and Dave
                Participant

Well, I seem to have found a mechanic who knows what he’s talking about so we’re going to take the best beloved there next Wednesday. I’ll keep you posted!

Tresjolie
                  Participant

What was the solution Caroline and Dave

Tom

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Tresjolie.
                    Caroline and Dave
                    Participant

Hello Tom, sorry your question went into my spam and I just came across it while looking for something else. We didn’t manage to take our camper in on that day but it’s going in later this month and I’ll definitely post about the outcome. Fingers crossed.

Caroline

Barry & Maggie

Yes, good luck with this problem – I know you’ve been trying to sort it for a long, long time.

Barry

Tresjolie
                        Participant

Doing an update on the Little Exsis Book. I will add this when you solve it

Thank you

Tom

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.