Home Forums General Discussion Front shocker dust covers

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred
      Participant

Hi all hope you are all well . Can the front perished shocker dust covers be replaced without the major removal of the front coil and shock absorber ?

Stay safe all Fred

jacaldo
        Participant

The short answer is no if you are talking about the round covers inside the springs.

jacaldo
          Participant

I have also looked to see if you can get split covers to put on in situ.  Sorry it looks like a strip down is required if you want to replace.

Fred
            Participant

Hi, thank you Jacaldo, I thought as much !  As I am doing a major overhaul at a closer inspection I think I will get both side shockers changed and then it’s done. Big job with dash removal so pointless doing that  just for dust covers which are both perished . Anyway thanks for the information . Will keep you informed.

Stay safe Fred

Barry & Maggie

Are you certain the dash needs to be removed, Fred?  My garage removed my struts, to put them on a hydraulic press to remove, I think, wheel bearings or joints which had become stuck.  I’m certain that dash removal wasn’t carried out.

Mine is a 2.8, if that makes a difference.

Barry

Barry & Maggie

Fred, it looks as though it’s just the under-tray of the dash that needs to come out – six screws!

Good luck, let us know how it went?

Barry

Fred
                  Participant

Thanks again Barry it is away having both springs and shockers  done , will keep you informed. Big job though if you only want the dust covers replacing and they  only have a two tear guarantee ? Looking at my shockers and the ones on the video plenty of mud and dust . Niche market for a clever new idea ?

Fredmy shockers

Barry & Maggie

An old motorcycle inner tube, superglued up the side like a zip…  There, that’d do it!

I should be a millionaire, me!

Barry

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.