Home Forums General Discussion Front bonnet seal and drainage

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred
      Participant

Hi members. At the moment it is sweeping down with rain and looking out the window the rain is pouring off the windscreen and disappears behind the bonnet lid ?? . This looks a very bad design ?? how is it sealed and drained away ? can anyone allay my fears of it not pouring onto the engine dose not seem a good weather seal ?? I fear that if lift the bonnet to look at the minute a waterfall of water from the windscreen would cover the engine ? A repair or a look when raining looks impossible even in an emergency ?? Has anybody had any problems .

thanks for any help stay safe Fred

Barry & Maggie

I’ve never had a problem, Fred.  I “think” there is a rubber seal that runs the width of the bonnet lid, in a groove that keeps rain at bay.  It’s late now and too dark to check!

Barry

Fred & Gill
          Participant

From memory, it’s as Barry says – I will have a look later today.

I do remember that from time to time in the past I have wiped gunge out from behind the seal.Can’t remember without looking but I think it drains away through tubes.

Never had a problem reported. You may be worried because of the major issue reported with the later Ducato base vehicle with the scuttle on the X250 ( ours is X244)

Fred

TonyFlisch
            Participant

There is a rubber seal which does get gunged up but easily cleaned.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.