Home Forums General Discussion Exsis SK plastic weather shield

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred
      Participant

Hi all , hope you are all safe and remain safe. I am now searching for missing passenger side weather shield , but being missing I don’t know what it looks like could anyone help with either a description or a photograph. I would be much obliged. My newly purchased Exsis SK has ended up a restoration project. On a positive note it is keeping idle hands busy. Wishing all the members be well and safe.

Johnny

Barry & Maggie

It looks to be an almost mirror image of the opposite side weather shield.  Look at the one you have and the other side terminates in the same way, has the same fixings, etc.

A shame that you are having to do some restoration work, Johnny, but on a 15 year old commercial vehicle, it’s not surprising that work needs to be done.  My advice regarding “undersealing” is to be VERY careful what you’re covering up with underseal…

Good luck.

Barry

jacaldo
          Participant

Hi

My plan is to change the cambelt this week, I’ll take a few photos of the panel when its up in the air.

Did you buy yours from a dealer in Scotland?

Alan

Fred
            Participant

Hi Jacaldo, thank you for your reply and thank you for your help . So far my search of the internet I have not even seen one remotely like the drivers side that is why I asked the question and of course with it missing wouldn’t know what I was looking for ? I got mine from a chap in Scarborough I and am finding a few faults the shield is just one . Anyway Jacaldo in the scheme of things worse things are happening to people so you stay safe and look forward to your photographs
              very best regards Johnny

jacaldo
                Participant

Hi Johnny

I didn’t bother to take any photos today because there is no shield fitted to the nsf.

There is no real need for one on the ns, unlike the os which has the drive belts exposed.

I wouldn’t worry about it myself, but if you have a Fiat dealer close to you and it’s open, they will have an electronic parts catalogue to look at.

Alan

Fred
                Participant

Cheers Jacaldo for your effort bit confusing though Barry says he has one fitted but thanks for looking and the information. Just wanted to know what I was looking for. thanks anyway.

stay safe Johnny

Barry & Maggie

I’ve just rechecked, Johnny, and there is definitely a panel there, on both nearside and offside.  It’s difficult for me to get right down to look, not without moving the whole vehicle because the wheels are in the way, but these photos show there is “something “.

I’m wondering if there is a difference between the 2.0, 2.3 and 2.8 litre engine options?  Mine is a 2.8.

Offside…

Nearside…

Barry

Fred
                    Participant

Hi Barry your photograph has confirmed and solved the issue , thank you . You have photographed the wheel arch plastic protection not the weather shield for the engine like the drivers side but peeking through in the middle of the photograph is the part I thought may have a cover on it ? and it hasn’t Jacaldo confirmed this by saying his has not one on either so together we solved the problem. Thanks to the Forum and the kind Patient people on it.

very much obliged to you all , stay safe Johnny

Barry & Maggie

Aha!  My mistake.  Sorry.  I really thought these were the parts to which you were referring.

Good luck with your project.

Barry

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.