Home Forums General Discussion Exsis sk chassis

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred
      Participant

Hi I am the owner of a Exsis SK 2004 I have noticed a plastic inspection cover on the chassis skirt on both sides of the van just behind the front jacking point. When these are removed they reveal what looks like a plastic container enclosed in the skirt ?? what is this for ? is it for reinforcement of the skirt ? The reason for my question is , unfortunately some welding is required to reinforce the jacking point and the said plastic whatever it is . . . . is quite near . Look forward to getting the problem solved thank you .
        best regards Johnny

Barry & Maggie

I’m not familiar with this, Johnny??  Any chance of a photo?  (Getting down to have a look for myself is getting difficult for me. )

I can’t imagine what they are… on BOTH sides?

Barry

Fred
          Participant

Thank you first for your quick reply and hope you are both well and safe . Like everyone we are all finding things to do in the lockdown . I am fortunate in having just purchased a Exsis Sk in need of lots of TLC , just the ticket in these times and the long awaited sunshine. As requested photo’s enclosed . do hope someone has answer ? Don,t want to set the van on fire !!!

again many thanks for your replyExsis SK chassis

Barry & Maggie

Well, I’m stumped!

I can’t easily pull my little trapdoor off, so I’ve left it alone, just in case a create a problem!  I’ve been right through the Fiat handbook and there is no mention of it, nothing in the various diagrams and no description.

My only suggestion is to unscrew the foot panel in the footwell above it (inside the cab, about 6 or so screws) and see if anything is revealed there, underneath?

I’m intrigued.    Keep us posted as to how you get on with this, Johnny.

Good luck!

Barry

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.