Home Forums General Discussion EXSIS REPLACEMENT HEADLIGHTS

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred
      Participant

Hi fellow Exsis owners . I have the dreaded crazing on both headlights . Passed the last MOT but has since got worse . So I think time for replacement . Trawling the net has proved fruitless. Has anyone replaced thes items ?

thanks for any advice Fred

Fred & Gill
        Participant

Welcome from one Fred to another – I expect that I am the old one .

The headlights are standard base vehicle Ducato, because the glass fibre wings, bonnet and cab cowl have been bolted onto the original Ducato under pinnings.

I have read on various Motorhome Forums over the years of the plastic lenses being ‘polished out’ – some have done it themselves and some garages may undertake this, but I suspect it’s not such an easy process to do well.

Also on other forums I have read that ‘Coastal Motorhomes’ are a good reliable source for new Ducato spares, maybe even a search on the Fiat Forum may help. A much cheaper option would be searching for scrap/ used spares.

Regards,

Fred

Fred
          Participant

Thanks Fred I will check that out . Should have posted a photo so will post one . Do apreciate your help .Hymer EXSIS SK HEADLIGHT

Fred & Gill
            Participant

I am no expert on this, but From the photo that you posted your lenses look good .

Have you had an advisory on the MOT ?, if not you may be over thinking this….I probably would not invite problems by asking the MOT tester.

Seem to remember reading years ago not to use solvents or white spirit on the plastic lens after  removing headlight deflectors after overseas trips.

plenty of info on the internet about polishing out, but I would be wary about trying it if not absolutely necessary.

The base vehicle is Fiat Ducato X244 (2002-2006)

regards,Fred

Fred
              Participant

Hi Fred . I know they look fine in the shade but when the sun is on them they are both  very badly crazed . I asume in the MOT garage they would not show up ??? risky if lights are tested ?? Good news is I have read about ridiculouss prices £300 upwards each , scary ! Got in touch thanks to you Fred Coastal Motorhomes. £79 pounds each a snip these days , and they are on the way. MOT failure plus having to get new ones only a few in stock  so was sensible idea. So good outcome and what could have been exspensive job solved. Thanks again Fred for your help much appreciated.

Neil
                Participant

Seeking to replace the rear semi-circular brake light which is placed high next to the bike rack. Only the middle lights are working. Anyone know where I can source such a part? (We live in Belgium)

Neil

info@corsican.xyz

Fred & Gill
                  Participant

Hi Neil,

I quickly found the following link posted by Jan presumably on the Facebook group ( I don’t do that). Try to find the link that I copied below. I would also think that these units or similar would be readily sourced – think they may be a Hella unit .

Jan has done a lot of work and posted many projects on this forum in previous years before the Facebook group ‘became mainstream’. May also be some reference in the Little Exsis Book, but I have not checked

How to replace the 3th brakelight of a Hymer Exsis. opt
                    Jan de Bloois
                    712 subscribers

hope you get it easily sorted,

Regards,

Fred

Subscribe

Save

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.