Home Forums General Discussion Electric step

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Milo
      Participant

Hello,

Can anyone advise me, the electric step broke and the replacement our garage got did not fit, been unable to source another…contacted Brownhill and Travel world still no luck. I saw online a Thule V16 12v step 400 Ducato, has anyone tried to fit this successfully? and can anyone help with the correct replacement measurements as the mechanic told me I cannot have a depth of more than 33cm.we don’t have our old step to compare sizes. Would really appreciate some help with this issue.Thank you in advance .

Emile

Barry & Maggie

Hi Emile,

Sorry to hear your problem.

This step was made specially for Hymer by Omnistor and carries a special code number of it’s own. They did that probably because of the dimension problems you are discovering.

I think you would be best off ordering one from Hymer, or at least from these people – https://tinyurl.com/qtt469f – irrespective of the expense, because I believe you may have far more problems trying to make something else fit (not that that is impossible).

I cannot suggest anything else other than just looking critically at dimensions of other steps, but I’m guessing that if Hymer had to have one specially made, it was for a VERY good reason!

Good luck with this, and let us know how you get on. Another step option, should you discover one, would be a very great help to others.

Best wishes,

Barry

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.