Home Forums General Discussion Diesel cab heater

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jacaldo
      Participant

Hi all

We a have a Webasto diesel cab heater with the timer  situated in the dash just below the wheel.  The timer is pretty much self explanatory, but I would like to know a little more about the operation of the heater.

Does anyone have a link to an instruction manual.

2004/5 sk lhd

Thanks

Barry & Maggie

This is the site where you will probably find all you need…

https://www.techwebasto.com/

Good luck,

Barry

jacaldo
          Participant

Thanks Barry

I can operate and set the timer, it’s just that I would like to know what load it puts on the leisure battery when in use.  The cab blower has to be on, this is powered by the leisure battery at that time so I hope the engine battery will be isolated, fingers crossed.

Alan

Barry & Maggie

Just ask Webasto for the load, Alan.  Disconnect the engine battery momentarily, to check that the Webasto or cab blower aren’t connected to it.

It seems an unusual arrangement to have the Webasto connected to the base vehicle air blowing system.  In fact, Webasto actually warn against doing this, because the heat output of the Webasto is often greater than the construction (plastic fans, trunking, etc) of the base vehicle can stand.

Barry

jacaldo
              Participant

The Webasto heater fitted does not seem to have direct heat into the cab.  I believe it is the type that heats the engine coolant and this in turn acts like the engine is running and heating the coolant through the matrix and then into the cab.  This has two actions, one it heats the cab and two it brings the engine temp up for cold start.

The cab blower motor stops when the ignition is turned off under normal circumstances and will not flatten the vehicle battery, but with the Webasto heater on and the ignition off, once the Webasto has run for a few minutes the cab blower motor can be used.  From what I’ve read so far it seems that the blower motors feed switches from the vehicle battery to the leisure battery, that’s why I would like to know the draw on the leisure battery during this operation.

Hope this makes sense

Alan

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.