Home Forums General Discussion Colour Red

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      marley
      Participant

Hi,

has anyone any idea how many Red Exsis are out there, including mine?

Pete

Barry & Maggie

Fred is the expert!  Blue and silver numbers are equally as vague.   Oh, and white ones too!  All we can say is that there are many more white ones than red, blue or silver.

So, not many red ones, but we don’t have any exact figures, despite the several approaches I (and others) have made to Hymer.  Their replies are always vague and noncommittal.  I can understand confidential commercial reasons but it would be good for all of us to know things like this

Barry

Fred & Gill
          Participant

Sorry numbers on the Exsis  are pure speculation and have not really been forthcoming over the years from Brownhills & Hymer despite attempted requests and some discussions on the old forum.

Vague as Barry’s reply is …..that’s it.

Red – well there is yours and I don’t know the history of that one, but I did know of a member years ago but can’t think of his name (pity the old member list and forum photos disappeared). There is mine 2006 SG purchased new in 2007 and one in the Manchester area owned by Tony with the personal plate EX 51 SSS and I believe that he still owns that because he posts on the Motorhome Fun forum, but doesn’t seem to use this forum and we have seen him at the Exsistravaganza , yes two red ones together.

So that’s 3 red ones and I think that in recent years a lady owner voiced on this or the old forum. Possibly 4 then, but probably not many more as perhaps they would have surfaced.

I wouldn’t have thought that there were many more Blue ones either, because in past years we knew of 2 in North Wales, Maldwyn and Liam) who never made the Exsistravaganza and then out of the ‘blue’ and unannounced to surprise us at the 2015 Exsistravaganza appeared Leo with one that he  had individual rear  passenger seats fitted to (with seat belts similar  layout to a Vario).

I think that the silver ones were a little more popular, but by far the white was the popular choice – quite possibly a factor that I think the metallic coloured ones carried something like a £1500 price premium.

Regards, Fred

Barry & Maggie

Wow!  Thanks,  Fred – you really ARE the ‘memory man’!  I’d forgotten a lot of that.

What a shame that my attempts at dialogue with Hymer (over this and other matters) have been met with such polite disinterest.

Yes, the loss of the old site was a huge disappointment, not least because of the loss of information, but the personal expense of time and money setting this one up.  If it hadn’t been for Tom’s magnificent work on The Little Exsis Book, we’d be truly stuffed.  It was having the Book that encouraged me to take the leap.  The problem I had was that I could only harvest small amounts of info at a time, and then I’d be automatically logged out and unable to get back in, or ‘frozen’ out for days on end.  Finally, they were demanding a new subscription!  I was SO glad I had this site by then.  What a saga that was.

Anyway, thanks for that comprehensive answer, Fred.

Barry

Fred & Gill
              Participant

For our many newer members, Barry -it’s well worth reminding us about the pain that the old site had become (after the new owners) and unmanageable for you to maintain.

We are so lucky that you still have a passion to run this site .

All this may have jogged my memory – was it a Brendon ?? that also owned a red one years ago?

Thanks, Fred

Barry & Maggie

Sorry, Fred… memory?  What memory?!!  The name doesn’t ring a bell,  but little does these days!

Barry

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.