Home Forums General Discussion Bottle Stopper Rescue

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave & Sharon
      Participant

We’ve had our Exsis for 12 years now, and finally she’s succumbed to the fresh water tank leak I’ve previously read about. The brass valve on the end of the shaft still opens and closes ok, however in the closed position the water still exits the tank.

So a quick thankyou to previous members who explained a sherry cork fits the tube on the underside… I’ve shoved a bottle stopper up there and it does indeed seem to be doing the job as a quick fix.

Hope it doesn’t fall out this weekend 🙂

I’ve seen the pictures in the Little Exsis book regarding fixing the broken shaft, but has anyone removed the tank from the wardrobe area… is it an easy job?

Cheers
        Dave

Fred & Gill
        Participant

It’s gonna be a lot harder than when you changed the sink Dave and posted photos of your head sticking out ha ha!

Unless the actual tank is leaking just go for the easier options posted

At my age I think I would just use the cork – no frost now so can leave water system filled

Good to here from you best wishes for a good Covid free camping season

Fred

Dave & Sharon
          Participant

Cheers Fred, yep cork is certainly an easy option 😉

marley
            Participant

Hi,

I have posted a detailed drawing of the  my valve when  I removed the whole unit  which is operated in the base of the tank, so if you keep opening the valve from the winding wheel, until it is loose in the bottom of the tank, remove it, you will find a rubber sealing ring on the male portion, renew that, refix, and you are  done.

I on the other hand had to remove the whole valve which is a real pain

Dave & Sharon
              Participant

Thanks Marley 😁

Fred & Gill
                Participant

Well done, teamwork really does help to solve problems, especially if based on previous knowledge & experience.

Over the years this valve has been a problem and several aspects are covered in the Little Exsis Book produced by Tom.

Specifically to the comments and help from Marley regarding photos of the completely removed valve

that he posted with the help of Barry in February 2019 see page 13  Water tank posting number 920.

The above photos may be very helpful to newer owners

Fred

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by Fred & Gill.
              Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.