Home Forums General Discussion Bed has struts

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      katymcgbysea
      Participant

Hi all

i know it’s often discussed and I’ve done a search here & in the little book, but I can’t find it.

can anyone remember what make of car the gas struts for the bed are? Or does anyone have a part number?

hope you’re all well. I think our van has turned itself into a boat it’s been so wet!

katy x

TonyFlisch
        Participant

A while back I suspected (wrongly) my struts had lost pressure. I looked up the references on my existing one and found them on the Internet.  No idea where now as I didnt take it any further.

Tony

Barry & Maggie

Hi Katy,

Here is a copy from the Littke Exsis Book, but I’m sure there is more onfirmation out there on these… Anyone, please?

I obtained my replacement gas struts from Peter Hambilton, but I have since found
            that they can be obtained for approximately £32 + vat each from:
            Billington Group
            280 Bawtry Road
            Wickersley
            Rotherham
            South Yorkshire
            S66 1JY
            Tel: +44 (0) 1709 543837 email: frank@billington-group.co.uk

I remember the code number being mentioned “somewhere” but I can’t find it…  Tom helped by sending me a pic of his note of the code number and I’m looking for that now.

Barry

Barry & Maggie

Without going out, unlocking, climbing up and looking, the code number should be on the side of the strut??

Barry

katymcgbysea
              Participant

Thank you all x

Fred & Gill
                Participant

Here you go Barry/Katy.

This is the info on the struts – I listed this on Toms ‘Lifting the Bed’ thread in January.

Here you go Barry…..some notes that I made some years ago when the topic was mentioned and it inspired me to ‘investigate’ in case I needed to change mine at some point – and I found the piece of paper!
                  I also took photos at the time of the actual struts giving all the info….but I can’t find those, but the info is clearly on the struts.
                  I seemed to think that Billington group (as per Tom) supply or make them? and if I remember SGS may have been mentioned or came up in my search, or perhaps they manufactured them?. See a photo shot of my notes below

Fred

Barry & Maggie

Thanks Fred!  And in my mind it was Tom who’d supplied me that info.  No wonder I couldn’t find it, searching Tom’s correspondence!  I’m getting too old for this game!!

Let us know how you get on, purchasing these, please Katy?  Thanks.

Barry

katymcgbysea
                    Participant

That’s brilliant, Fred. Thanks so much.

I will indeed keep you posted.

cvclaydon
                      Keymaster

We got these from amazon, worked a treat:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WR6PG54/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£21.77 each, and free delivery if you have Amazon Prime

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by cvclaydon.
                    Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.