Home Forums Modifications & Enhancements Aftermarket Drivers Armrest

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      cvclaydon
      Keymaster

While only a small issue, I do miss a right hand arm rest on the drivers seat, our old van had one and made driving more comfortable.

Looking on the internet for Ducato seats, it seems as though there was never an option for a right-hand drivers  arm rest, so after more googling I cam across Marcle Leisure who do a kit to fit one. You need the fixing kit: https://tinyurl.com/ycleqnvu which is specific to the Ducato and which side you want (driver/Passenger) along the arm rest: https://tinyurl.com/yd9zz45q

Barry & Maggie

Thanks for that, Chris.  A great modification.

I know that will be helpful for a lot of owners.  A minority of us have ISRI captains seats fitted that have two armrests, but for the rest of us, this is a great idea.  Thanks.

Stay safe.

Barry

cvclaydon
          Keymaster

First job is to remove the back rest knob, left hand side arm rest and seat cover.

Next the original seat cover is unclipped and pulled up, I thought it was tearing, but it turned out to be strong Velcro on the inside.

cvclaydon
            Keymaster

The foam is pulled forward and the new bracket bolted to the seat frame with a nut and bolt, the straightness is checked and then a self-tapping screw is put through the bracket into the frame to stop it twisting.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by cvclaydon.
              cvclaydon
              Keymaster

The foam is put back and cut to allow the bracket to poke through.

cvclaydon
                Keymaster

Seat covers replaced and cut, and the supplied plastic trim put around the arm rest bracket.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by cvclaydon.
                  cvclaydon
                  Keymaster

Arm rest fitted and locked in place with grub screw.

cvclaydon
                    Keymaster

It can be lifted to allow easy access, and also adjusted for angle with a knob at the back of it.

While it is not exactly the same as the original, I think it looks good and as another thumbs up Amanda now wants one on the passenger seat!

k9dougie
                      Participant

Brilliant article, much appreciated. Often thought about get another arm rest. Happy days!

Dougie

Fred & Gill
                        Participant

Another great innovative project by you Claydon, I’m not surprised that Amanda wants one too.

A great shot too of that other amazing project of yours – the removable steering wheel- that was quite a brave task that also required a lot of research. Hope you found a great secret hiding place for it – but don’t tell!

Fred

cvclaydon
                          Keymaster

Hi Fred

Thanks for that, yes the removal steering wheel is very useful, allows the seat to slide 6″ or so further back when it is turned towards the table. Also very useful when parked up at home, steering wheel removed, and safely in the house!

Chris

k9dougie
                            Participant

Hi Chris,

I have just fitted the additional drivers armrest from Marcle Leisure, as you say not too difficult at all. So much more comfortable for those motorway miles so thank you for sharing your upgrade.

Now onto the passenger side armrest for the other half – keep her sweet!

Dougie

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.