Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tresjolie
      Participant

Anyone done abs repair.

Fred & Gill
        Participant

Ouch Tom!

I smashed my offside corner section about 3 years ago, much worse than yours and had it repaired for £150 cash – I did post photos at the time, but I’ll look at the earlier threads to see if its still here.

I got a silly qoute from Darren at Brownhills (480??, I think), apparently Hymer  prices had increased significantly and he advised it would be cheaper to get repaired.  I tried Bath repairers, but they wanted silly money nearly as much as a new part and in one case more!  Eventually I tried a small repair shop out of town, who said that they would fit it in between jobs – I waited nearly 3 weeks mind, but it was good and cheap.

Mike Sidebottom had damaged his centre section a year or so earlier and he advised that he had his repaired locally to him at less than £200, I think??

My biggest concern with self repair was  being able to match and get a good paint finish – and I am pleased that I didn’t try.

Best wished for a good outcome.

Fred

Fred & Gill
          Participant

Tom, have a look at this thread General Discussion page 9  2019 Rear Bumper Sections

I reply to ?? stating that my original post is not on this current Forum, but I do post the story and show a picture of the damage

Fred

Tresjolie
            Participant

Thanks Fred.

Found it in the Little Exsis Book.

I intended to call a local body repair shop tomorrow.

Hope you are well.

We were camping in the lake district and an inconsiderate post got in the way of reversing manouver.

Also a few jobs to do in the shower room.

Keep safe

Tom and Carol

Tresjolie
              Participant

3 panels repaired and painted. Bumper, boot panel and light cluster. £380 Northgate Autobody 07771 682294 Morecambe. He has paint @ £100/litre

Fred & Gill
                Participant

That’s a good result Tom, well done.

Invaluable information too for other owners who may have the misfortune of a bump in the future and perhaps think that they are faced with the extortionate cost of a new replacement part.

Regards, Fred

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.