Home Forums General Discussion ABS fault

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      TonyFlisch
      Participant

I have had previous errors which were cured by replacing the ABS controller with a reconditioned unit.

Its back now and with MOT looming in August, I need to ge to the bottom of it.  I read somewhere but now forgotten, that the software Multiecuscan and an OBD connector would allow me to read the codes, but it refuses to connect to the ECU.  Anyone any experience of this?

Tony

cvclaydon
        Keymaster

Hi Tom

I have not had any experience with the Multiecuscan software, if I need any codes reading my mechanic has a snap on unit which reads the ECU codes with no problem.

May be worth ringing a local garage to see if you can go down have them plug their computer in.

Chris

TonyFlisch
          Participant

Its Tony not Tom!

Thanks for suggestion but my local garage could not interpret the codes that were being returned.  Van booked in for next week so fingers crossed they can track the fault.

Tony

Tresjolie
            Participant

Hi Tony

You did add to the discussion on OBDs. It’s in the Little Exsis Book. Search for OBD. It’s page 956.

I bought WIFI SuperbOBD which supportsOBDII protocols. It did clear a fault on my grandson’s car using one of these apps. DashCmd or OBD fusion.

Hope this helps

Tom 😀

cvclaydon
              Keymaster

Hi Tony

very sorry for the name, have you had any joy yet?

Chris

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.